The Concentrating Solar Power Tower System is a part of a government initiative aimed at developing the country’s strategic technologies. Daesung Energy Co.,Ltd.(Subsidiary of Daesung Group) became a designated participant in the “2008 Strategic Technology Development Project” led by Ministry of Knowledge Economy.
This system is a form of technology that uses 450 heliostats(reflecting mirrors) to concentrate sunlight at the top of the tower. The solar receiver at the top generates the heat source of thermal energy (700~1000℃), and with the energy, the electric power generating system produces 200 kW electricity.
- Name : Development of the 200 kW Solar Power Tower System
- Period : December 1, 2008 ~ September 30, 2011 (34 months)
- Site : 1602-1, Seobyeon-Dong, Buk-Gu, Daegu, Korea (Near the North Daegu IC)
- Area : 20,300 square meter
- Execution Agency : Daesung Energy
- Participants : DIC, NanoCMS, MaxTECH
- Consignment Agencies : KIER, SNUT, Inha Univ., Chungju Univ.
- Air Receiver : Operating Temp. 700~1,000℃
- System Efficiency : 13% (Net Solar-to-Electricity)
- Development of the high efficiency and low cost heliostat
◆ Schematic Diagram
<Bird’s Eye View of the Site>
<Tower & Heliostat>
<Receiver in Tower>